Day 12 of our 30 Cocktails in 30 Days Challenge: the Cosmopolitan
The Cosmo is a Romance classic. In fact before we really got hooked on gin martinis, Mrs Romance would beg and plead for one, which means she would snap her fingers and gesture to the bar from behind her laptop.
Not really. She’s a lovely lady, and hits me much less frequently since that thing with the police!
In all seriousness, the cosmopolitan is a great drink and it’s not surprising it’s a classic. It’s clean, sharp and the cranberry juice gives it a lovely cocktail hue. There are quite a few variations around but the classic Cosmo is as delicious as it is evergreen – or pink, anyway.
Roll the cosmo out at dinner parties or in a bar with too many options.
How to make a cosmopolitan
Here’s what you need:
For each drink
- 1 ½ measures of Citron vodka – or you can use regular vodka and a sharp lemon cordial or lemon juice.
- Single measure of Cointreau
- 1 ½ measures of cranberry juice
- ¼ measure of lime juice
- Martini glass
- Jigger measure, cocktail shaker
- Orange twist to garnish – you can flame the orange if you like by holding a lighter to the skin.
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the vodka, Cointreau and cranberry juice into the shaker over ice.
- Strain the lime juice into the shaker to get rid of any lumps of fruit.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Pour out into the martini glass.
- Garnish with the orange twist.
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.