Day 18 of our 30 Cocktails in 30 Days Challenge: the Almond Cigar
As you may have noticed, I like the occasional cigar. I also like almonds. So when I first discovered this cocktail in a book Mrs Romance gave me, I was understandably excited about trying it.
I wasn’t disappointed. I even had a cigar while I drank it!
This is a strong drink, so make sure you’re sitting comfortably when you have one. The amaretto sweetness works so well with the acid of the lime juice, and the Cuban rum adds that potent tobacco note.
The Almond Cigar is delicious and worryingly moreish!
How to make an Almond Cigar
Here’s what you need:
For each drink
- Double measure of Havana golden rum
- Single measure of Amaretto almond liqueur
- ¾ measure of lime juice
- ¼ measure of sugar syrup
- Martini glass
- Cinnamon stick to garnish
- Cocktail shaker, jigger measure
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the Havana rum, Amaretto, lime juice and sugar syrup over ice into the cocktail shaker
- Shake everything thoroughly
- Strain into the martini glass
- Garnish by balancing the cinnamon stick in the drink. I found this very difficult and frustrating to do. Mrs R did it first time.
- Enjoy with a small, light Cuban cigar like a Partagas Coronas Junior or a Montecristo No. 5.
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.