Day 24 of our 30 Cocktails in 30 Days: Granny’s Pomegranate Punch
So it’s Monday again. The slog, the grind, the 9-5. It’s usually days like these that you need a pick-me-up. Mrs Romance thought up this punch, and we thought it would be a great drink to share with friends. So here it is.
The fizzy sweetness of the cider and the bitter fruitiness of the pomegranate work really well together. The vodka adds a bit more punch to the punch. It’s so tasty we decided sharing Granny’s punch was too hard… this time!
How to make Granny’s Pomegranate Punch
Here’s what you need:
For a pitcher of punch
- 1 cup of vodka
- 2 cranberry and pomegranate teabags
- 2 ½ cups of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- Cider to top
- 1 Pomegranate and sliced lime to garnish
- Pitcher and glasses
- Jigger measure and long spoon
Here’s what you do:
- Brew the pomegranate tea and add the sugar to the hot water.
- Allow tea to cool. You can speed this up by adding ice when ready.
- Open the pomegranate and extract the seeds carefully*.
- Put the pomegranate seeds and sliced lime in the pitcher.
- Pour the tea and vodka over ice and berries in the pitcher and top up with cider.
- Put ice, lime and pomegranate seeds in each glass.
- Pour into individual glasses.
- Top up with more cider and ice if necessary.
If you find the recipe too sweet or not sweet enough, you can adjust the amount of sugar you put in, use a sweeter or dryer cider or add a little lime juice to make the drink a bit sharper.
Also you can add a splash of grenadine for a bit more colour, sweetness and pomegranate flavour.
*We say ‘carefully’ because pomegranate juice stains as bad as beetroot does. We do have a great technique for getting the seeds out without the mess and we’ll tell you all about it in our cocktail book – details below!
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks (including extracting pomegranate seeds) on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.