Day 9 of our 30 Cocktails in 30 Days Challenge: the Bloody Mary
Mrs Romance and I have always agreed that this is a great cocktail. Especially as a drink to have on international flights. It’s the perfect combination of food (the tomato juice) and free alcohol… unless you’re flying on Royal Brunei Airlines, which are dry. They probably still serve tomato juice though!
The Bloody Mary is very tasty – though I hate celery – and the spice you get from the Tabasco is peppery and delicious. As I’ve mentioned, it’s a perfect flying drink but it’s also good for a Sunday sit-back-and-sip.
How to make the Bloody Mary
Here’s what you need:
For each drink
- Single measure of vodka
- 4 – 6 measures of tomato juice
- Dash of Tabasco
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jigger measure
- Tumbler glass
- Celery stick to garnish
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the vodka over the ice into the glass
- Top up with tomato juice – you don’t have to use the measurements above. If you want more tomato juice, you have more tomato juice!
- Sprinkle a dash of Tabasco – this stuff’s hot and peppery
- Sprinkle a further dash of Worcester sauce – I don’t like this much in a bloody Mary, so I leave this out.
- Season the drink with a crack of pepper and a pinch of salt
- Push the contents around the glass with the celery and drink up!
The Virgin Mary – the alcohol-free version – is just the same as the Bloody Mary without the vodka. Interestingly, you can get the bloody mary mixer on planes for free!
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.