Day 4 of 30 Cocktails in 30 Days Challenge: the Killer Bee
Years ago, Mrs Romance and I would regularly head to Attic Bar in Sydney with two of our best friends Sharon and Paul. At the top of Sydney’s Arthouse Hotel, Attic Bar had happy hour cocktails on Mondays.
It was there that Paul and I discovered the belligerent virtues of the Killer Bee – an Attic Bar creation.
It’s a lively little number – and caution is required, as it has a potent sting in its tail. Sadly, Attic Bar changed its happy hour to Wednesday and Paul and I could no longer pay patronage. It didn’t stop Mrs Romance and Sharon from making the most of the offer though, and we’d hear all about their escapades the next day.
How to make a killer bee
Here’s what you need:
For each drink
- ½ measure elderflower cordial
- ½ measure vanilla syrup
- ¼ lime
- 1 shot manuka honey vodka or regular vodka and a teaspoon of runny honey
- 1 shot Jagermeister
- Dash of chili schnapps or ½ a hot chili
- Cocktail shaker, muddler, long spoon
- Chilled martini glass
Here’s what you do:
- Put the elderflower cordial, vanilla syrup and lime in a cocktail shaker. If you don’t have chili schnapps, put ½ a hot chili in the shaker now instead. Cut the chili in half and remove the seeds with a knife.
- Muddle the ingredients in the shaker.
- Add the Manuka honey vodka (or regular vodka and honey), Jagermeister, chili schnapps and ice to the shaker and stir with long spoon.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and serve with a lime wedge.
You might want to also serve with a bucket of water as the chili has an interestingly incendiary effect on the senses if you overdo it!
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.