Day 13 of our 30 Cocktails in 30 Days Challenge: the Cuban Milkshake
The Cuban Milkshake featured in a cocktail party we had in 2008 to celebrate the leap year. Our ‘buy 365 get 1 free’ bash was so arbitrary that it deserved a cocktail party!
The Cuban Milkshake is that perfect combo of sweet creaminess and alcohol kick that made the good ol’ Brandy Alexander a craze of its time. It’s a nice comforting type of drink that you can curl up with and wait for Friday to come along. It’s a great Thursday drink!
Mind out though – it’s a bit filling, so don’t aim for a big night out with this one. Also, it’s dairy-based, so don’t have a Cuban Milkshake then drink a Coke. Bad things will happen!
Perfect to wind down with or as a substitute (or supplement) to dessert, this cocktail’s rich and delicious!
Here’s how to make the Cuban Milkshake
Here’s what you need:
For each drink
- Single measure of Bacardi
- Single measure of Bailey’s
- ½ measure Mozart’s chocolate cream gold liqueur
- 4 measures of milk
- Chocolate shavings
- Tumbler glass
- Jigger measure, cocktail shaker, potato peeler
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the rum, Bailey’s, chocolate liqueur and milk over ice into the shaker.
- Shake gently – you can even stir it. You can shake it more vigorously, it’ll just give the drink a bubbly texture on top.
- Strain out over ice into the glass.
- Shave chocolate over the surface with the peeler to garnish.
If you don’t have chocolate liqueur, that’s okay – it’s still a delicious drink without it!
If you like this cocktail, then you’ll love our ebook How to Host the Perfect Cocktail Party.
It has how-to instructions with pictures on over 35 different cocktails to make. You’ll also find over 10 chapters of top tips and tricks on what you need and what you don’t, guaranteeing your cocktail parties will become the stuff of legends.
Even if you’ve hosted cocktail parties before, the great ideas inside this book will help you perfect and hone your hosting skills. And of course your cocktail repertoire!
Yours for only $9.99, this book will keep your parties fresh and their glasses full!
Click the button below to Buy Now.
Or if you want more information on what our book’s about, head to our Perfect Cocktail Party ebook page.