Far be it for us to pigeonhole people, Mrs Romance and I have decided to name a few cocktails we’ve made recently after some of our close blogging friends.
Mrs Woog hardly needs an introduction, she is a force in the Australian blogging community. Never beige, Mrs Woog doesn’t shy away from controversial issues but she really excels at ‘making the most out of the mundane’.
You can find her posting almost every day on her blog Woogsworld, taking the world to task on many an issue and making us all laugh along the way.
We think this well-balanced, forcible number was perfectly positioned to be The Woog; sharp yet sweet, fizzy and refreshing, The Woog is a clever mix of vodka, Chambord, bitters and Limonata – from a can, of course!
When we first made this, we both announced ‘holy shit, this is pretty fucking good!’ Profanities also in keeping with the drink’s namesake.
The Woog Cocktail
Here’s what you need:
- 1 measure vodka – we used Grey Goose but any good quality vodka will do
- ½ measure Chambord, crème de mure or framboise liqueur
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters
- A can of San Pellegrino Limonata or other fizzy bitter lemon drink
- Mason jar
- Blackberries for garnish – we used frozen berries as they’re out of season at the moment!
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the vodka and Chambord over ice into the Mason jar.
- Top up with Limonata.
- Add the bitters and stir together.
- Skewer two blackberries and balance the stick across the glass, and drop in a funky straw for good measure.
This cocktail is perfect for getting the party started or a great cooler for a hot summer’s day.
What drink sums you up? Tell us in the comments!