Friday Drinks – The Woog Cocktail

by Mr Romance on April 18, 2014 · 10 comments

in Food & Drink

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

Far be it for us to pigeonhole people, Mrs Romance and I have decided to name a few cocktails we’ve made recently after some of our close blogging friends.

Mrs Woog hardly needs an introduction, she is a force in the Australian blogging community. Never beige, Mrs Woog doesn’t shy away from controversial issues but she really excels at ‘making the most out of the mundane’.

You can find her posting almost every day on her blog Woogsworld, taking the world to task on many an issue and making us all laugh along the way.

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

We think this well-balanced, forcible number was perfectly positioned to be The Woog; sharp yet sweet, fizzy and refreshing, The Woog is a clever mix of vodka, Chambord, bitters and Limonata – from a can, of course!

When we first made this, we both announced ‘holy shit, this is pretty fucking good!’ Profanities also in keeping with the drink’s namesake.

The Woog Cocktail

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

Here’s what you need:

• 1 measure vodka – we used Grey Goose but any good quality vodka will do
  • ½ measure Chambord, crème de mure or framboise liqueur
  • A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters
  • A can of San Pellegrino Limonata or other fizzy bitter lemon drink
  • Mason jar
  • Ice
  • Blackberries for garnish – we used frozen berries as they’re out of season at the moment!

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

Here’s what you do:

1. Pour the vodka and Chambord over ice into the Mason jar.
  2. Top up with Limonata.
  3. Add the bitters and stir together.
  4. Skewer two blackberries and balance the stick across the glass, and drop in a funky straw for good measure.

Mr and Mrs Romance Friday Drinks - The Woog Cocktail

This cocktail is perfect for getting the party started or a great cooler for a hot summer’s day.

What drink sums you up? Tell us in the comments!

Images by Mrs Romance.

Related posts:

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

veggie mama April 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Fuck yeah, I’d drink the shit out of that!
veggie mama recently posted..Free Crochet Pattern: Easter Bunny BasketsMy Profile

Mr Romance April 21, 2014 at 10:25 pm

It’s pretty bloody good, Stacey! I hope it’s got you wondering what we’ve got planned for you!
Jx

Sophisticated Mumma April 18, 2014 at 2:53 pm

A rather fancy cocktail if I may say so! Would the Woog be better off in a lidded mason jar I ask? Saves spillages! Espec if you’ve had a few on this lovely long weekend. I like gin based cocktails and I’m a total liqueur girl too! Have a good weekend :-)

Mr Romance April 21, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Ha ha! It is a bit fancy, isn’t it? I love using Chambord though – it’s got such a lovely rich flavour. We also love gin though – especially gin martinis and negronis. It’s funny you should mention the lid for the mason jars too. I ended up putting the lid on this one because we had to go out shortly after making the drink. Thankfully it stood the test of time no problems!
Jx

Nikki @ Styling You April 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Yes I think you’ve nailed it/her – cheers to making this!
Nikki @ Styling You recently posted..Happy Easter | Salted caramel and chocolate barkMy Profile

Mr Romance April 21, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Thanks Nikki! I think it’s a pretty good match!
Jx

bigwords April 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Delicious, just like Woogsie x
bigwords recently posted..In the Blink of an EyeMy Profile

Mr Romance April 21, 2014 at 10:41 pm

She is delicious, isn’t she, Bianca?! Glad you like the recipe – we like it!
Jx

Sonia from Sonia Styling April 19, 2014 at 10:10 pm

What an awesome idea for a series! Can’t wait to see the other bloggers you’re going to feature. This is so a Mrs Woog cocktail and I would love to chug one day with that sassy lady!
Sonia from Sonia Styling recently posted..Weekend Rewind: Emotional, Much?My Profile

Mr Romance April 21, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Glad you like it, Sonia. I hope Woogie does too! We’re working on the series – I think it’ll be fun. Mrs R is thinking of something like passionfruit fizz for you – what do you reckon?
Jx